Youth Care & Support
Here are some useful organisations that provide information, support and advice to our younger generation, typically 21 years of age and under.
AAF (Africa Advocacy Foundation)
Youth4Life is a platform for young people to address a range of issues relevant to young people, including sexual and reproductive health and rights, mental health, mentorship, volunteering, careers, advocacy, independently living skills, etc. We run training programmes and a platform for the young to express themselves and to enhance social and professional networks.
CHIVA (Children's HIV Association)
CHIVA aims to:
- Enhance the health and social outcomes of children, young people and families living with HIV
- Reduce isolation for children and young people living with HIV
- Ensure the voices of children, young people and families living with HIV inform service and practice development
- Reduce the stigma faced by children, young people and families living with HIV
- Facilitate young people’s knowledge about HIV and thus empower them to become more independent.
METRO PPC runs two youth groups for young people living with or affected by HIV.
We talk about issues affecting young people, including issues around HIV. Sometimes we have trips to the theatre, bowling and the cinema.